Monday, August 05, 2013

Pinay Futbol Part I

August 4, Sunday
DLSZ Turf
Pinay Futbol
[Last Twinbill]

Sikat FC  vs  DLSU
UST   vs   Ateneo


In the past four months - I get to shoot only my second legit football match again !!  [I had my Canon 100-400 mm telephoto lens serviced by Canon, Magallanes last April. Now, its glass [lens elements] are/is ??  Spankingly, Immaculately, Clean !! Ang sarap mag shoot !! [Don't ask me about my bill]  [I had my Canon 24-70mm 2.8 lens serviced along with it] Ouch !!

 
1st half action - UST  vs  Ateneo

Moving On  -  -  - I'll leave most of these action shots captionless first.  This is the first time I shoot Sikat FC and there are some new faces in the DLSU, UST, and Ateneo line-ups. 

 Suffice it to say - coming into the DLSU turf area - - It is so refreshing to see my "familiar football faces" again - after so many weeks [shooting basketball week-in week-out and a triathlon or two, last summer]  -   -   -

Toni Nolasco [#2] of DLSU tries to stop Joan Pacana of SIKAT FC
 
 



 
That's Cha Guancia [#11] and Tuesday [nickname of the SIKAT Keeper]
in this "close call" photo. Tuesday actually manages to clear the ball, contrary to what the photo seems to suggest.


 
 
 
 
 


 
 Contrary to what the image above suggests
[a sure DLSU goal conversion]
SIKAT FC Keeper, Tuesday,  clears the ball again [below].


 
 
 
Fiona Faulkner [below] makes it [1-0] for SIKAT FC at 90 +1
[the image below is NOT the said scoring attempt]

 

{ Fiona played a couple of games  as a Lady Eagle last December
[UAAP Season 75]  but quit the team thereafter [probably due to priorities/academic concerns] }
Final
Sikat FC - 1     DLSU - 0



-----------------------------------------------------------------


That's Nona Amoncio [#8]

 Without a doubt, the UST - Ateneo match is so much more exciting than the  Sikat FC - DLSU match.  The Tigers & Eagles have so many sure goals that simply don't go in [the likes of open goals hitting the post !!]  So many thrills, spills and chills - Great to shoot !!  Never is there a Dull Moment !!



Ma-an Cadayona and Jill Caterdilla double Nikki Regalado [#14]


Lady Eagle Camille Rodriguez [#17] scores for Ateneo  - [1-0] !!


 Lady Tiger Marie Magdolot [#3] equalizes - [1 All] !!




 The UST bench can't contain their themselves,
 after Magdolot's equalizer - I just have to take their picture !




 
 
 JJ Matalam stretches to save this one.
 
 
Milka Romero [#7] vs two Lady Tigers
 

Nikki Regalado, Geli Tiu and Milka Romero  leap.


And as if it wasn't enoughNina Acuna scores the Clincher for UST !!

 
 Final
UST - 2     Ateneo - 1 

And Now  .  .  .
 
H U G Z,

 Adri and Haya
 
 
Nikki and Anjeanette
 
 
H U G Z,

Frankie and JJ
 
 
  Fiona and a friend

And MORE H U G Z !!






My First Time  Ever to shoot -->  SIKAT FC !!

[This is how I USUALLY start my Group Photo Sequences]
 
 

[This is how I LIKE to end my Group Photo Sequences]
 
 
 

 Meet the Pinay Futbol Organizers [L-R]
Haya Ibarra / NJ Joaquin / Sam Bermudez /
Kristine Nolan / Pam Puri / Venice Furio


Kristine Nolan [UK Looker]  /  Haya Ibarra [Asian Beaut]

 
 PS
I will add MORE JPEGs from these two matches in the next 48
I simply have to scoot NOW !! to the NAIA for my Asian trip - a day or two away lang -

PS  [Personal / Non-sports-related]

Will post Pinay Futbol Part II next !

 

brosi gonzales


Next posts
Though, only w a very few JPEGs from the Last UAAP Juniors playdate -
August 3, Saturday matches :
[UE vs Adamson]  
[DLSZ vs UPIS] 
[Ateneo vs UST] 
[NU  vs  FEU]
Pinay Futbol Part II


No comments:

Post a Comment