Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Drunk, Drenched, Sober & Excited

Drunk on Friday,
Drenched on Saturday,
Sober on Sunday,
Excited on Monday [Ha!]
[for the next UAAP twinbill, that is]


Friday Night
Pasay Road [Makati]

       


These very SAME images were just actually posted in a feat about 1-2 posts previous [titled "Friday Night"] !!  It's just that the IDEA for this "mixed-matched-weekend-thematic" post just crosses my mind - just as I arrive home on Sunday night [from the UAAP].

 It's already 10:00 p.m by the time I exit the Araneta Press Room !! - I actually couldda stayed till probably midnight ! [The lights and air-con are on indefinitely !] - That's the time when the assigned staff close the room -  at least, that's what he told me] [Kulang na lang tsibog!!]


















All's Well that Ends Well [hic]
Happy Birthday again Karlo [w/ tongue out]!!
Nice to see you Arn, Ago, and Peejay in High "Spirits"  !!

Can barely walk straight when I get home early Saturday morning, FLOP into my bed - and so luckily !!, still manage to wake up in time for a cold shower, scoot to the Araneta to catch the 2 p.m. UAAP Twinbill !!  Ha!!

But it's the CLEAR Dream Match II All-Star Football Game that's foremost in my mind - and the sky, and yes, those threatening rain clouds I see that afternoon that concern me  .   .   .  Have this funny feeling that it might just rain  .  .  . come game time  .   .   .



Saturday Night
UMak [Makati]






Mark, Jerome, Czear, Josh, and JM
are all photographers and media buds o' mine.


As if in cue, the rains come, [to think it actually NEVER rains the whole day of Saturday !!] as the football match commences,  and even turns into a heavy downpour - making the game an extreme challenge for the players on the pitch, and the photographers on the sidelines..






Don't mind my socks being muddied and my undies being soaked - the hell !  As long as my DSLRs remain dry - that's ALL that matters.  Fact is, my 100-400 tele-zoom FOGS UP sometime midway in the 2nd Half of the match - Tang Ina ! What the  ? !!  Can't do anything about it - Let it be - - just add a few B-t-Scenes photos, using my 24-70mm zoom, after the match - and hope and pray that I've enough good action photos from the 1st half.



Mark & Jerome

Fortunately, end up with a lot of 1st Half images that are OK [technically & artistically competent enough] to make my game shoot "sulit" - Even worth all the hassle.


I actually capture three goal conversions [images below]


 Phil Younghusband scores !
[1st Half]

When Phil draws first blood, the drizzle is hardly a concern or, even noticable [in this photo].  But soon enough, after this, it just rains AND pours.  {Notice the rain in the next two images}


James Younghusband scores !
[1st half]


Izzo El Habbib scores ! 
[2nd half]



Final Tally
Team James - 4     Team Phil -1


I'll move on to the "Sober Sunday" segment of this post now -  Will eventually release a few more CLEAR-ly "drenched" Dream Match II images PLUS images from the NU vs UST UAAP Hoops match [played earlier on that Saturday p.m. at the Araneta] 

[I also don't want to make this post too long]

- and Yes - I still have more than enough B-t-Scenes images from that Saturday afternoon NU-UST UAAP game, this CLEAR-ly "drenched" Dream Match II AND the Sunday, Aug.25 UAAP twinbill.


Pictures of ---> NU fans, USTe fans, Kristelle Ann Batchelor, Tricia Robredo, Abigail Altamirano, Robin Rono, Tamarraw fans, Warrior fans, Cathy Rivilla and her daughters, Rick Olivares, Kyle Misa, Tony Toni, Rick Slick, Katz Salao, Judy Saril, Selina Dagdag, ADMU fans, Adu fans, - ever-so/always doll-like Apple David ! [Jesus !!!], Jericho Cruz - plus OTS Real Portraits of Kiefer Ravena, Abigail Marano, Ericka Alcantara, Jane Bracher, + cool snaps of my FEU friends  Ian E, Axle I, and Roanne B -  -  -

 So what really IS New ?? - Nothing!! That's what I've been trying to do all this time, right ?? Share my Good Times through photos  -->- besides doing my job to please the bosses FIRST.  What else is there to do except love what I do ?



Sunday
SMART Araneta, [Cubao]

- a few teasers muna guys -
a lot more comin' - after I paste watermarks on 60 or so images 
AND catch up on my sleep


Ravena


Romeo


Red Warrior fan


Evasco & inigo


.   .   .   more 2 come  .   .   .


brosi gonzales
 

No comments:

Post a Comment