Sunday, November 24, 2013

Up Close and Personal

with Aby Marano and Mika Reyes


One fine morning last week, I attended a {call time - 7 a.m.} Video Shoot at the DLSU [Taft] 8th Flr Sports Center.  From minute one - It was the show of Palos [videographer, and buddy of mine] - He was doing stuff for a multi-national company.  On my part - I was just taking stills, trying to freeze/capture moments [been doing that for over two decades na] [in this case, in behind-the-scenes mode] best way I can.

For me - 'Twas like portrait shoot, albeit, not private/one-on-one. Well, here are some of my favorites -  -  -

-- FYI, the sequence of the images in this post is not chronological --




Before, during, and even after an exercise such as this - communication is paramount - Everybody has to be on the same page. Palos, Clinton [facing cam] and Aby, Rick, and Mika [back to cam] started off with a pre-shoot briefing.


One of several segments being shot inside the air-con gym.

The rest of the Defending Three-Peat UAAP Champion DLSU Lady Spikers were also in the Sports center - There was a separate Team Photo shoot [stills] with Ryan Ong that same morning.

What I hear, during such occasions - I hardly ever mention - in my posts.  One thing I can say, though, is that, there were several moments during the interviews with "Abypot" {as Aby is sometimes fondly called} - that turned very, very sentimental - and Aby choked and was close to tears.




Of course,  there were MORE light moments.

Funny, it was only when I was compressing my JPEGs [close ups] of Mika that I actually noticed the grey-toned color of her eyes.



 




During a lull in the hours long shoot, I was lucky to have caught this {a fleeting 2-4 seconds} sweet, child-like gesture by Mika, resting her head on "Ate" Aby's shoulders[Don't see this kind of stuff during real games]



Yes, such unexpected, fleeting moments can Speak Volumes - 
and More powerful than a thousand words - What can I say ???
  --  I can so easily imagine all those so many, many similar moments I've seen and photographed --->particularly those in solo one-on-one portrait shoots --->more so those with real close friends - just so, so priceless -

Those were the moments that have 
More Often than Not - Given me my BEST portraits EVER -
Truth be Told




Anyway   .  .  .
 - some Parting Shots here -

Clinton / Aby /Palos


 Rick / Palos / Mika




Napasobra yata ang mga parting shots ko - OK Lang -
anyway Rick and Palos are good, good buddies o' mine
-------

- and - What I Remember the Most -


This is Aby Marano's LAST Playing Year. Winning a Three-Peat certainly is something to be proud of --- [Winning the best Blocker Award last Season 75 - to boot!] --- and Winning a Four-Peat come March, 2014 is Very Possible Indeed.

Wether or not the DLSU Lady Spikers win a Four-Peat ---> "Abypot" will have given her ALL for DLSU for the past Five Long Years,  certainly doing the Green & White Proud.. -   -  After which - She [as she herself humbly verbalized] [can't remember the exact words, tho]  could then focus more on her personal priorities - and her loved ones.

And - Yes, that was the part that led her close to tears.

brosi gonzales


Comin
A few images fr PBA Friday/Saturday/Sunday
More B-t-Scenes pictures
UAAP mens' football

Tags
abymarano abypotmarano abigailmarano dlsuladyspikers micareyes brosigonzalesphotos
brosigonzalesportraits josepaolocarlos rickolivares paloscarlos captainawesome

1 comment: