Saturday, November 16, 2013

Super Liga B-t-Scenes

When Stealing Isn't a Crime


Rikki  "Flo"
Nov.10, 2013 - Arena, San Juan 
[prepping for a post-match Q&A w/ a game MVP]

 And  .  .  .
{As if it were just yesterday !!} 
 Looking Back more than three years ago .  . 

 Rikki  "Flo"
June, 2010 - Arena, San Juan
[Prepping for pre-match Q&A w Kifer Ravena and Kevin Ferrer]
[Both hoopsters were still in High School then !!]


The freguent visitors to this blog won't be surprised with the tight stolen shots in this post [staples in my blog]. Rest assured, Soon enough, there'll be more of these, of athletes, and fans - from the on-going Super Liga.

{Tang -Ina ! - I had to miss the playing debut of Savannah Noyes and Kaylee Manns [PLDT-My DSL's American Volleybelles] last Wednesday - simply because I had to prioritize my late lunch-portrait shoot, had to rush all the way from Sucat} 

Luckily, managed a brief conversation with Kaylee  at the Ynares dugouts, [post-match] just before she left.  Muy Simpatica is what I can say to describe this world class athlete from Kansas [She claims our weather is to her liking].  Whatever.  Can't wait to get great action shots of her [and even greater OTS Portaits] in due time.  [Now, I know two Kaylees - the first Kaylee I know's actually a good friend of mine - she resides in Singapore, tho]


That's Kaylee [in orange] w Savannah
at the Super Liga Party, held last Nov.7 at Urban [BGC]
 { The picture above is one of many party shots 
found in a previous blog post titled "Super Liga Party" }

 Richard Gomez
MVP - {PLDT-My DSL vs Systema match} 
Nov.10 - Arena, San Juan

 Denise Tan
Smiling On the Job
Nov.10 - Arena, San Juan

Ren Agero
Nov.13 - Ynares Gym, Pasig

JP Torres
 MVP - [Giligan's vs Maybank match]
Nov.13 - Ynares Gym, Pasig

Ren Agero
 MVP - Most Valuable [pahabol?] Portrait {On-the-Spot}
Nov.13 - Ynares Gym, Pasig

On-the-Spot/Impromptu [call it what you like] - Unassuming, "uncosmetic" - portraits can be so simply charming - for me.  It IS a sin for me NOT to capture such moments when the unexpected OTS portrait opp comes, as occasionally as they come

I was actually talking to Asst. Coach Arnold [RC Cola] when I noticed Ren Agero lingering nearby, {actually she was just about to leave with her posse}  so I politely asked her just to "be there", for just for a few seconds - where she was just standing - so I could take a few photos - I do this so often [you guys know that] - It's practically second nature to me.

Well, I like the photo - that's why it's posted.  In those fleeting seconds - How much better could my OTS Portrait have been ??  Thanks Ren.


brosi gonzales

Tags
rikkiflores kayleemanns richardgomez denisetan jptorres renagero savannahnoyes marubanaticla rogergorayeb

Soon Enuff
UAAP Football !
PBA All-Filipino hoops action
UAAP Volleyball !
Lady Spikers Aby Marano and Mica Reyres
- and more OTS portraits from "all over"

No comments:

Post a Comment