Sunday, November 24, 2013

Daquis

                                                  Definitely a Favorite


Rachel Ann Daquis
 
Me, I like to have favorite subjects. As a portrait artist who likes to steal candids
in the sports setting and outside the sports setting [in my personal life] - I will always have such.  As far as athletes are concerned. I ususally am acquinted w/ my favorite subjects, meaning, at the very least, I know them personally - and have brief conversations with them occasionally - and most of them know how much I like On-the-Spot photography / random shots, solo or group -and stolen [of course].

w/ Luangtonglnag Wanitchaya

As of this writing, Rachel Ann Daquis doesn't know me from Adam. I'm just an anonymous photographer, at most, as far as she's concerned. [It's actually Rachel's dad who I get to chat with often.]  Yet, without a doubt, she is my Number One favorite subject [volleyball player category] simply because of her
being naturally cooky, ad being so animated [kenkoy/kalog] - everytime the moment allows it.


It's only recently, at the Super Liga games - and more convincingly so - at the Shakey's V-League All-Star Sunday Event that I saw how Hilarious and Infectious this "Little Girl Trapped in a Young Adult's Body" can be.



 Basta - ibang klase talaga si Daquis. Natural na natural ang mga hirit niya.  Kung hindi ka madala sa kanyang pagkabaliw ->abno ka talaga. 


w/ the Lady Troopers [above]  and
Gonzaga and Wanitchaya [below]

Infectious !!!


I am in no hurry to meet Rachel - I know I'll eventually meet her - at least, by the time I do - I will have had so many kooky images of her already to ---> I'll probably ask her to lend me a flash drive so I can happily d'load Hres JPEGs of ALL her cooky shots - and I know I'll be doing that repeatedly - through the months - as long as she continues competing --- I do know she has plans/a job waiting for her {in Germany, where her mom's working} --- here in Manila.

 In the meantime - I'll keep on photographing Daquis - every opp I get.
She IS Definitely a favorite !!!

{I do wonder, though, if I can ever capture her more serious side --  That'll be a challenge, indeed, for me.  Well, only time will tell}
 

brosi gonzales

Tags
racheldaquis jovelyngonzaga luangtonglangwanitchaya tmsarmysuperliga maryjeanbalse cristinasalak michellecarolino angelanunag dahliacruz theresairatay nerissabautista yukimurakoshi geniesabas rachelanndaquis superligavolleyball superligaarmyvolleyball brosigonzalesphotos

No comments:

Post a Comment