Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Yalin Postcards - # 4

Connecting



Spent four afternoons in the last five days, at the Resorts World - watching [and taking pictures of] the 2013 Womens' World 10-Ball Pool Championships 
{ I missed the Nov.3, Saturday, playdate, tho }. Hopefully, I'm a slightly better sports photojournalist, as a result.

I'm just a little happier, though - No Doubt

Got to really connect, even if only for a brief period with the likes of Mirjana Guricic [Venezuela], Xiao-Ting, Pan [China] {si idol !- sa totoo lang -crush! -noong 2012 pa !!}, Kamila Khodjaeva [Belgium] {Whatta prety girl !! ---understatement of da century!!--- ! { Tang Ina - mababasa siguro ng erpat niya to kasi sabi ko kay Timmy [tatay ni Kamila] nya na bisitahin tong blog ko - Ha! } Ga Young Kim [Korea]  -   as in chikka talaga, maski sandali lang. 
OK lang.



The South American "Connection"
Soledad Ayala is fr Venezuaela / Mirjana Guricic is fr Venezuela / 
Joanna Espinosa is fr Argentina
 
Took this photo [4 p.m.] Sunday afternoon, just as the girls were leaving the venue.  'Twas relatively easy to be at ease w them [I'd met Mirjana way back 2012 at Galleria, EDSA, had conversations w her] and the three were gracious enough to oblige - We did have a few big laughs, tho - cos I mixed up their first and last names - Basta - It was all good - A simple, warm hearted photo is welcome in this blog anytime !


The Chinese "Connection"
SiMing Chen is fr He Bei / Xiao-Ting, Pan is fr Shan Dong  /
 Han Yu is fr He Bei
  6:14 p.m., Monday
Finally, after playing the role of an unknown admire [of Pan] last year - got to personally show Pan ->my 2012 and recent [as in only days before] stolen, albeit artistic, [I brought my tablet] photos of her - maganda naman mga pre at natuwa naman si "dalaga-na-may-malaporselang-kutis" na si Pan - It was just a light, free flowing conversation from then on -  and having the two other girls join Pan for  a threesome photo just came so naturally [had Pan also pose w her mom] [mahiyain si dad] -

 and The Thing Is - All This Time - my new acquiantance , from China, Leo, was serving as an impromptu interpreter - YES ! literally translating ALL my English comments/questions/even my art direction to the girls - when I started taking the photos and guiding/motivating them to illicit the warmest of smiles - Tang Ina ! Ibang klaseng 
Trip !! Enjoy !!


The UK "Connection"
Kelly Fisher is fr Yorkshire / Allison Fisher is fr Sussex
4:25 p.m., Monday
Just a quick "ambush photo" of the two, {no relation whatsoever}, Fishers
I never actually got to strike a conversation with them




 The Korean "Connection"
Kyu-Seo Park / Seh-Won Oh / Yoon-Hye Jang / Jong-Bun Park /  Ga-Young kim / Eun-Ji Park
4:47 p.m., Friday
The three Koreans at the left side are family friends/supporters while the woman to the right of Ga-Young Kim is her mom



The Polish and Belgian "Connection"
Oliwia Czuprynska is fr Warsaw / Kamila Khodjaeva is fr Brussels 
5:56 p.m., Monday
I met Oliwia, Kamila [and her dad] last Sunday afternoon, as they were watching the quarterfinals [by that afternoon, the two girls had already been elimenated fr the race]. Seated on a mono block, whilst watching Jasmine Ouschan and Xiao-Ting Pan gut it out in "Win-or-Go-Home!" match in front of me and trying to talk with Kamila and Oliwia at my 5 o'clock ----

---- I think I was constantly "distracted" - With the prettiest World Class Pool Players from both sides of the Panama Canal Up-Close and Personal - I would shoot a few frames of Jasmine and Pan {a few feet in front of me}, then turn to Kamila and Oliwia {Up-close} talk a bit, then twist my body and shoot the pool match again {Couldn't complain bro}  - Whatever !

FYI - Oliwia loves Coldplay and The Kings of Leon / Kamila likes to play Call of Duty on the PS3 ! /The Belgian has a younger sister named Diana, who seems to be following in big sis' footsteps !! / Kamile goes to school at 8 a.m. and finishes by 6 p.m./ She's Numero Uno in Belgium  -etc., etc., etc.,  yada, yada, yada 
--  Anyway --

Napaka istupido ako talaga noong hapon na yon - Kaharap harap ko na -Up close & personal na nga kami, pareho kaming nakaupo - Hindi ko pa kinunan ng ritrato !!  Ayun, sa sobrang pagkadaldal ko - hindi ko na nakunan si Maganda - dumating din yoong sandali na tsisibog na raw siya kasam si Oliwia at si Daddy niya.

Kung pool naman ang pinaguusapan - Balak kong talagang tutukan yoong Knock-out games noong Linggo.  Grabe - Natapaos yoong huling semi-final match halos 10:00 na ng gabi !!!


  The Philippine "Connection"
Selu Lozano / Rubilen Amit / Valeen Montenegro
I LOVE the Spontaneity in this one !!!
3:26 p.m., Monday
Just as the three buddies were about to take merienda -
Rubilen had just won her semis match !

HEY !, Let Me give credit where credit is due !!
There are people, WHO, after I throw just one or to words, instantly [as in the bat of an eyelash - as in a micro-micro second] just have this burst/flash with charm/wackiness - what have you !!! -that is just so F_______ Cool !!! my pictures turn out so Nice because of their spontaneity !!

{ I totally believe that SEZ a whole lot bout a person/or a group - when they have that demeanor } 

These are the kinda dudes {and dudettes}  that BELONG in this blog !!
I am referring to Selu, Rubilen and Valeen -  It would be totally sacrilegious of me NOT to have a perfect exposure of such fleeting, unrehearsed, priceless moments !

{Met Selu and Valeen just about 20 minutes or so before this photo was taken}

I am NOT suggesting that the other persons in the other group shots in this post are LESS disarmingly spontaneous/charming than Selu/Rubilen, or Valeen - The three Pinoys' "snapshot" just simply stood out - They {the South Americans, Chinese, Brits, Polish, and Belgian Pool Players} actually ALL DID exude a good mix of spontaneity and poise, and appeal/confidence]-
 -------

PS
Strangers, New Acquiantances, Media Buddies, Photog & Athlete Friends, Closer Friends - and my 
very, very select "Through Thick & Thin" Friends, "Mga Minamahal sa Buhay" -->the ones who truly matter to me - - - whatever category you may belong too -  I'll always try to illicit and capture a most interesting facet of your personality - whenever I take your photos [group or solo shots] - happy, crazy, funny, bizarre whatever, moody demeanor---sad even, stolen or candid - sometimes it is difficult, sometimes it is easy -You are all lovable just being your true imperfect selves.

What is seen in this blog ALL pretty much fall in the FIRST FOUR categories mentioned above -
my photos from the other categories - - - - Can you imagine how Warm, Soulful and Beautiful  they can become ?  - Given the Passion I have for People Pictures and Portraiture ?  ---> Only for my Eyes, Only for My Eyes  - 

It's just Not Me to post images of My Own "Personal Connections" - So To Speak.  And Yes, the people who matter to me - They are very simple, unassuming people, imperfect like You and Me, with all their Admirable Personality Traits blended in with their Awful, sometimes Bitchy, sometimes even Heartless and Soul less Behavior [hahaha!] {Partly Kidding}--> Basta their photos WILL always BE beautiful - as much as they are valued and accepted.  These People know who they are. 
And I Do So Miss Some of Them - Even as I type this text.
 
  {Just Sharin} {Sigh}

brosi gonzales

Tags
soledadayala mirjanaguricic joannaespinosa chensiming xiaotingpan hanyu
oliwiaczuprynskja kamilakhodjaeva rubilenamit valeenmontenegro selulozano kellyfisher allisonfisher onthespotportraits brosigonzalesphotos


Upcomin'
Blogpost feat on Xiao-Ting, Pan
Blogpost feat Kamila Khodjaeva
Blogpost - Quarters and Semis action images fr Nov.3, Sunday
Blogpost - Semis and Finals action images fr Nov.4, Monday 
More B-t-Scenes photos, such as the ones above
Images fr the Queen's Cup

No comments:

Post a Comment