Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Harana

The Song I Wish I'd Written


.    .   .  puno ang langit ng bituin
at kay lamig pa ng hangin 
sa 'yong tingin ako'y nababaliw
giliw
at sa awitin kong ito
sana'y maibigan mo
ibubuhos ko ang buong puso ko 
sa isang munting harana  .   .   .

{ from "Harana" by Parokya ni Edgar }


I've always been a sucker for simple but great lyrics [English or Tagalog], and {as evident in most of my non-sports feats} great portraits - {which I love to craft}. I could easily select any one, or two, or a bundle of - portraits from my personal archives to complement these [above] Tagalog lyrics - {If so, Why not post them now? }. 

A month or two ago, I released a blogpost titled "Gilid" [another favorite Tagalog song of mine, popularized by a local band ->Moonstar 88], complemented by 3-4 Black & White portraits of a friend {who I've known since her college days at DLSU Taft} [She is now a purser at Cathay Pacific]. In that blogpost, I think the words and pictures complemented each other very well. "Sakto" sa tema.   The images were the lyrics !

Choosing the "true/perfect" images to complement [to ruthfully relate it to my own life] the lyrics in a blog post [in this case ->"Harana"] IS so, so easy [No brainer].  Yes, for "Harana" - I do have the right pictures for it BUT I'm releasing this blogpost without a picture.

All I really wanted to say was how much I love this song.  It is so Pinoy. It is just so beautiful. It Hits Home Everytime I hear it - 

 It is a Song  [one of a select few]
 I Wish I'd Written.

PS
The You Tube video of "Harana" [the version w Rico Blanco] - has had over a million hits.  Harana -Hands Down,  is a True Classic. You ? -dear blog visitor  - WHO do you think of when you hear this song ?? Huh ??

-------

I've been thinkin' [lately] of putting up a blog --->particularly and specifically  to showcase my Portraits. Posting portraits from my very first serious attempts [using film] as a  novice  --->Photographing American Girls in a US Military Facility !! Ha !! { Actually, I've mentioned that in some previous blogpost } --->through to my "struggling" years as an aspiring "portrait artist" making blunders left and right ---> to my first official comissioned portrait shoot
{my client and subject were one and the same person - She was a Cute Mama !- Yes, a pretty, pretty young mom w/ two young kids ---and she had horrible teeth !! -Still she was pretty! -Amazing !}  ---> to my concert phase {when I would shoot LIVE concerts} --->to my apprenticeship years in a very reputable Adverstising/Fashion Photography outfit {where I learned Darkroom/Laboratory Film Processing and  Printing work} {and worked for the first time with professional models}  --->to my "weekly magazine" days where I would have weekly [at times 3-4X a week} fashion shoots AND food shoots all over the Metro and was provided with My Own Darkroom !! {albeit small}  --->to my band phase [mid 90s] when i got to shoot out-of-own gigs of River Maya/Color it Red/Wolfgang/After Image ---> to my first UAAP sports shoots --->my Singapore trips  -  -  -  -yada, yada, yada   again  -Whatever !!! -

Luckily , I've always found time for portraiture even when I'm up to my neck in sports shoots {Tho, as I've always stated - I don't post my personal portrait shoots - Pretty much everything here in this blog IS sports related}  .   .   .

IF and When the time does come and I eventually put up that portrait blog 
--  No Doubt  --  The name of that blog will be

 "Harana" 




brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment