Thursday, October 16, 2014

The "NU" UAAP Champions - Vignette #3

The Risks
{and Beauty}
of Backlit Photography

{in Black & White}


I have nothing against photographers who use fill-in flash.   Fill-in Flash eliminates inherent lighting problems [unevenness of light / underexposure] when shooting on-the-spot / on location, particularly indoors.

That simply isn't my style.  I like the challenge of shooting with Available Light {indoors, during sporting events]  Yes, shooting backlit images w/o fill-in flash is risky cos it carries the inherent risk of the source[s] of light [behind the subject] spilling directly to the lens and thus washing out [overpowering] the image.  Yet, when SMARTLY  handled, backlit situations can produce dramatic images, in a manner that fill-in flash can NEVER even hope to approximate.

--------

Now, besides ALL being taken after the NU Bulldogs had just won the UAAP Crown - What do ALL these Images have in common?

Yes - They are ALL Backlighted Images.


Love them or Leave them.




You the Man !!!




Mga Baliw !!




The Last Timeout





Through Thick N' Thin



DEE - Zire !!




Champion Coach




Yvette, Kyle, Gabby




Tears of Joy




.........   What a Journey it has been
and the End is Not in Sight
but the Stars are out Tonight
  and they're bound to Guide my Way     ........


Indulge me  -Please, cos -
On a whim -  I just remembered these lyrics - 
from a song I looped in my mobile  -
 listening to it over and over and over .... again





brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment