Saturday, October 11, 2014

(revised) Wicked



The Power of Images and Words


When I started teaching myself photography, during my so called "architecture career days" I never really fathomed the power [and intensity]  a single picture, or a few words, or a few musical notes could hold.  During those days, I was in a profession, that I thought [then] I would be engaged in for the rest of my life. 

Fast forward to the point in time when I had already abandoned my architectural career and had been working for almost a year, in a most prestigious photography/advertising outfit in Makati - and  was involved with a really wonderful girl - 'Twas at that point in my life that I First Started to Actually Experience and Realize Portraiture as a Very Tangible Expression of my Emotions.

Yes, it is so easy say it now - simply because I've actually LIVED IT.
(I Still do, of course, to this very day)

No, no, no - I'm NOT trying to be Dramatic/Profound/or be Artsy-Fartsy 'bout it - It WAS What it Was and It IS WHAT IT IS to this very day -whenever I take anyone's portraits - There is that "current" / "pulse" (what have you) that drives me when I fashion my portraits. 

 It is simply Hard Core ! / fulfilling / seductive / challenging / even difficult at times -still !!, mind you !! / intense /and very empowering indeed /  gratifying -[ when knowing my subjects are very pleased, at the very least -w/ my portraits] / All of the Above PLUS countless descriptions ...

- It's just me  !!     - It's Just What I Do  .....[among other things] 

And among the Thousands of Solo Portraits I've shot [particularly from the One-on-One Private Shoots]  - ONLY a Handful are ICONIC - in the true sense of the word. 

The two Available Light Film Portraits in this post are from one whole morning's one-on-one private portrait shoot.  

There is another Black & White Film Portrait  [also from this shoot] that actually won me an Honorable Mention Award in an Asian Photo Competition ! - but I'm not that keen on including it  - cos it is the Sepia Portrait on the Bottom that is truly One of my Favorites 
of ALL TIME !!

[NOT that I haven't crafted EQUALLY GREAT Images in recent months, and years - I actually have a Select few ICONIC ONES that can RIVAL these !!   - BUT - for now -at least for this post - these two will suffice.

Regardless of technique used, and of photographic genre showcased here - journalism, nature, sports, still life, abstract or whatev - Wether the lyrics transcribed here are angry, happy or sad, or what have you ...

- What I'm trying to bring attention to - is the Power ONE SINGLE IMAGE, a FEW WORDS, or even a FEW MUSICAL NOTES can have ---> WHEN deftly crafted - More so, when it comes from deep, deep within the Artist's Soul.



  {  Thing IS - The Reason that I don't have a Specific Portrait blog - for public viewing - is that it'll just be probably too Intense for my comfort, and it'll reveal Too Much of Myself - Yes, I am scared of that - for the  internet !? - No way !! -  }

-- That's why ALL my Private {Digital} Portrait Shoots stay in my Hard Drives.

Fact IS, the Portraits in this post are actually from my "Film Past".

And Gratifyingly so,  sharing these images YEARS after they were taken - Hasn't Diminished their Impact the least bit !!!



So ......
Two   ALL-Time favorite Portraits
 combined with
Some   ALL-Time favorite Song Lyrics .....

For Me - It IS AS REAL Life As it Gets -




     "Wicked Game"

     - Words by Chris Isaac
       - Images by Brosi Gonzales



.....the world was on fire 
   and no one could save me but you
it's strange what desire will make foolish people do
i'd never dreamed that i'd meet somebody like you
i'd never dreamed i'd lose somebody like you

no, I don't want to fall in love
with you
no, I don't want to fall in love
with you




what a wicked game you played
 - to make me feel this way
what a wicked thing to do - to let me dream of you
what a wicked thing to say - you never felt this way
what a wicked thing to do - to make me dream of you

and i don't want to fall in love
with you
no, i don't want to fall in love
with you





and i don't want to fall in love
with you
no, i don't want to fall in love
with you

no i  [this girl is only gonna break your heart
[this girl is only gonna break your heart]

nobody loves no one  .....





"Painfully Intense" Right ? - hahaha !!
Idaan na lang sa Manhid !!! - hahaha !!
Am I Kidding or What ?
Go Figure.




No comments:

Post a Comment