Sunday, October 26, 2014

Repost

This post was originally released way back June 27, 2013.

I do this, occasionally, on a whim -
revisit an old post - reconfigure the date - 
and the said post automatically moves chronologically
 to the newly entered date

-- Totally depends on my mood --
 --------


Image In My mobile

Innocence 




Maybe, the picture above doesn't outright convey innocence [it's not that "accurate", so to speak] - but "innocence" was just one of a couple of words that flashed across my mind, coming across this 1997 outdoor portrait of my nephew Nace -[He is now a sophomore at DLSU-Taft]- in my Samsung mobile photo albums  -  [Got literally Hundreds of portraits saved].

  Just sharing a passing whim -- reminiscing those priceless moments I'd bond with my nephew - through countless portrait shoots when he was still a little boy - I guess --Sigh--
Now - He's a young adult - & so busy w college - I'm so busy w my sports photojournalism
I can't even remember the last time I took a decent portrait of him
--> To think that - I exert all this effort to 
shoot countless [loads!!] portraits of people several days a week - in my work and play


I'm sure, you - dear visitor to this blog, have keepsake images of dear ones,
near and far ones - a few kilometers, even oceans apart, aquiantance [Augh ! still can't get the spelling right!]   buddy or close friend - whatever - - in your mobile -   [it could be a fancy studio shot, a photo taken in an exotic locale, or the most unassuming/mundane snapshot -even blurred-  of a loved one in some odd corner of the house - 

but a photo of dear one will always be valued - the image of a loved one will always be cherished

  I do know the Power of Portraiture 
- [I've been living & breathing  portraiture for years on end now]
And a REAL Portrait Will Always Illicit 

->memories, laughter, even tears, anger?, joy, assurance, trust,
 love, romance inspiration, courage, faith, peace of mind 
 -- all of the above AND - more so - 
faith ->the one which brings you to believe [deep inside] 
that you'll see someone you miss so dearly -  again -
 if not sooner ->then later  -


brosi gonzales

Tags 
portraiture availableleightportraits childphotography
120mediumformatfilm filmphotography filmportraiture colornegativefilm

 

No comments:

Post a Comment