Saturday, December 20, 2014

Elements


Water and Light
{Respect and Trust}

Fire, Earth, Water  .... the "basic" elements, did I get that right ?  ..... ..whatever .... AS a photog - I'll add Water  ...

In any given photo on-the-spot portrait opp - I simply look for the basic, and most simple elements available - considering that, I usually, anyway, look for the simplest scenarios available.

Recently, I hooked up with a very, very close buddy of mine - (from years back) (she's visiting her parents back here in Manila) and had the time to catch up.  Despite our hectic schedules - we FOUND time.  We reminisced, talked about our current careers and where our careers had brought us... yada, yada, yada  ..... but more importantly  had time for something  that we used to do so, do often, during those good ol' daze - when she was still a coed at DZLSU, Taft, and I was enjoying my first job, as a photographer in a very reputable photo/advertising outfit in Makati .... and that IS -> have a one-on-one on-the-spot photo shoot.

What came of it, as usual, were simply soulful, dare I say - Great Portraits - now that my level of skill is so, so much  higher, than when I'd shoot her on-the-spots, during her college days -  dapat naman !  

And as in her college days - she'd wear NO make-up at all, and she'd occasionally wet her  impossibly curly hair (trip lang biya talaga yon !) - and we'd always end up with these great monochromes, one way or the other !!  Daylight, open shade, sunset, sunrise, incandesecnt light from a bare bulb, flourescents in full blast  .... We'd always find some simple lighting situation towork with - whilst managing to get the best possible Available Light Portraits fr each scenario    ..... What can I say ?

Thing is - this time, she's NOT allowing me to release her current photos, for personal reasons that I WILL Respect - BUT - She's allowing me to release a single monochrome , from one of my early on-the-spot shoots with her.





One of my Best Friends of ALL TIME ..... during her college daze ...
Just another Soulful Portrait, and as usual, WITHOUT any make up at all .....   Just a Little LIGHT, just a Little WATER  .....  and a Whole Lotta RESPECT and TRUST  ..... ALL contributed to making this available light portrait what it is

Just as simply stated ..... Elements .....
(Elements that are the CORE of Everything that Truly Lives and Lasts)




brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment