Monday, December 22, 2014

PBA Semis - Day 4

December 21, Sunday - Mall of Asia Arena

Beermen Go for 2-0 Lead




Aaron  Aban [#51] takes on " The Kraken"



I enlarged this one simply because it's my favorite action shot from the match
- showing rookie Matt Ganuelas Rosser [#22] taking it to the hole vs Ronald Pascual [#23]

Matt actually misses this one BUT manages to snare the offensive rebound and contort his body in a gutsy put-back attempt [two images below]





Beermen Ronald Tubid (#71), Chris Lutz(#3), 
and Marcio Lassiter (#13) all light up the board .....

     
 Ronald Tubid (#71)

Chris Lutz (#3)


 Marcio Lassiter (#3)

..... But it IS Alax Cabagnot (#5) [3 images below] who impacts the game the most, for SMB's Win #2

 









As SOP, the match MVP gets "another 15 minutes of fame", in a manner of speaking, as the Sport 5 correspondents do a very brief post-game interview on-court

Now, How Often--
do I get a chance to snap these type of images ??  Truth be Told                 So, so Not Often - So, so Not Often ...

 Ericka Padilla emotes for one of the photogs- in between takes 
[post game] - just before her brief interview w Alex Cabagnot




Ginger Conejero
 During the final minutes of the match
-


 A very shy post-game "portrait" ? or just a casual snap ?
I say it's a combo of both

Before I proceed to the Press Room, I engage Alex Cabagnot's girlfriend, Ginger Conejero in simple conversation.  As usual, I try to manage some on-the-spots - and even with all my experience, sometimes, the simplest of scenarios really does test my people AND portrait skills - Truth IS there is no
clear cut "formula", when it comes to dealing with people - It is a case-to-case situation each time around

I still have to exercise some discretion, particularly with people I have just talked to, only once or twice. 

Suffice it to say - I was happy for Ginger - San Miguel Beer won and Alex was chosen as the match MVP.  I am also grateful, that she was gracious enough to allow me to take a few on-the-spots, albeit very "unplugged", for lack of a better descript, casual - and "unsophisticatedly charming"  .....
If I may say so.


brosi gonzales


Tags
pbaphilippinecup2014 pbaphilippinecupsemifibals sanmiguelbeerpba talkntext tropangtexters alexcabagnot ronaldtubid junmarfajardo marciolassiter chrislutz aaronaban mattganuelasrosser ryanreyes

No comments:

Post a Comment