Friday, December 26, 2014

"On-the-Flop ?" Portrait


How F___g Often 
does this Happen !?
 
{ When Calvin Landed In Front Of Me }
Christmas Day - during Game 4 of the Rain or Shine -Alaska Semis Series








This could have been a Perfect one-of-a-kind "Perfect Flop Portrait" of Calvin "The Beast" Abueva ! [Sayang !! since his face isn't completely in-frame] - At the Least - I was Mentally Focused,  had Enuff Presence of Mind to keep my DSLR pointed at Calvin !

With my 24-70mm wide-angle lens in hand, I simply took Calvin's 
"On-the-Flop-Portrait" as he accidentally flopped Right F____g  in front
 of me  !! { LUCKILY , Abueva's flailing arms, his legs, or the ball - for that NEVER Hit me, More So -> any of my TWO DSLRs  !!   }




As expected, he who falls or flops, expects the referees 
to slap a foul on the opposing team


I actually DON'T remember what call the ref made after this flop
I am "chimping" {reviewing images on the LCD}, seconds after ... 
Notice, how Abueva is hoping for the ref to call a foul on ANY Rain or Shine Painter - Totally Normal behavior for ALL hoopsters





Nothing out of the ordinary actually happens, bodies fly ALL the time during any PBA match, more so in a Game #4 of a PBA Semi-Final match [with one team trying to tie the series at two games apiece, and the other fighting to gain a 3-2 lead]

Fortunately --->for Alaska or Rain or Shine - NOBODY is injured and NOBODY Loses their Cool

Luckily -->for me - I get a most unusual "On-the-Flop" Portrait of one of the most colorful, superbly talented and conditioned, highly motivated, {may "angas" pa ! }, animated, and liked AND disliked  - PBA All-Stars of the present day.

Now, HOW OFTEN does that F___g  Happen ??


brosi gonzales


Tags
calvinabueva calvinabuevaportrait alaskaaces pbaphilippinecup2014photos

No comments:

Post a Comment