Monday, December 15, 2014

Sunday Snaps



Midnight - at the Altamiranos

 I spent, practically the whole day of Sunday, December 14, at the residence of Coach Eric Altamirano.  I had an early meeting with his wife, Marissa, regarding a photography-related project.


Spent a large part of my Sunday, on an "ad-hoc office set-up" [using my client's Mac] , in the comfort of my client's living room  ...

During that Sunday morning, since Coach Eric was up and about around ninish - we all ended getting a little more acquianted with each other, more so me, with Coach Eric.  It was simply a pleasant, homey feeling that I felt, during those fleeting hours working in his Home - OK Lang - Twas All Good.    

Former Green Archer, and UAAP Champion - LA Revilla (who has been living w the Altamiranos for several years already), came in around lunch time, when I was by my lonesome in the living room, working with Marissa's Mac, as Coach and the family had gone off to church.
 .


I met Ron Lastimosa, from up north in Cagayan, and Isa, from Cameroon - both currently enrolled in NU, and also residing with the Altamiranos, (both hoping to suit up for the Defending UAAP Hoop Champions NU Bulldogs come Season 78) in.  I was hoping that UAAP Finals MVP Frank Aroga, who also lives with the Altamiranos, would go down so maybe we talk basketball or what .....

Anyway, nothing out of the ordinary or extraordinary ..... xept that, a favorite subject of mine, among so many, who I had been occasionally photographing on-the-spot, since she started going with her dad, Coach Eric, to the UAAP games - was so obviously present , so I took the opp to do staggered on-the-spots of Eric's and Marissa's Abi  -  and  What better place to do an 11- year old's portraits than in the comfort of her own home -  Right ? ! -> Wrong ! -----




My portraits, actually, SHOULD have been so many times better ...

Considering, the time, I had, AND being so comfortable and at ease, in the Altamirano home - Abi [being trusting and comfortable - being shot Up Close and Personal by me]  - and knowing my Level of Skill - I Have No Problem admitting that I failed in MY Expectations, at least, in creating the Images I had Imagined --  

 Maybe, these Abi Altamirano on-the-Spots are OK, generically - BUT - I know I can do better  -  Next Time



At the Very Least - If I May say So -  I do Hope that somehow,  Abi's images might Suggest, give a Hint - [even if I don't have photos of Coach Eric, Marissa, their boys Anton & Luigi ] of How Much of a HOME - the Altamirano Household IS.  I felt a Hospitality that can ONLY emanate, be manifested - in a  REAL HOME - Yes, I do want to express to the Altamirano family [Again] my gratitude for making me feel at home, during their "private time" [Sunday morning, breakfast, lunch, and afternoon] during which me and Marissa had to work on a project.

Thanx again to Abigail - Man !, er - I mean - Girl ! ---> You've grown So fast in the past two years !!


Still, I learned a little something more, about portraiture while looking back in hindsight.
---------


BTW, LA Revilla has a 5-month old Lab [Labrador] with a black, black coat.  He named the lab -> Midnight - so as my title goes,
 so does my last caption .....


Portrait of a Lab
Midnight - at the Altamiranos




PS,
That afternoon, I hitched a ride with the Altamirano family, along with LA, Ron, and Isa - we all went to the 5:00 PBA Alaska-Meralco match [from there, I separated, but not w/o thanking Coach Eric, personally, for such a comfortable Sunday ...



brosi gonzales







No comments:

Post a Comment