Friday, April 08, 2016

Catching the Sunset ....

Thursday, April 7 - Moro Lorenzo Field - Ateneo Campus


 .... photographing (some of my)
 Fine-Feathered Friends
- just plain favorites -

- malala na talaga pre -


 - First Dibs -
Smiles - Simple yet Soothing
Tasha - Bob - Jing 
 (My only B-t-Scenes shot before the match)


Came to the Moro Lorenzo Field yesterday, to watch the very critical
 {UP vs Ateneo} UAAP Men's Football game.

Spent the 1st Half of the said match, at the Western portion  (facing Katipunan Ave.) of Moro (taking some action photos), while during the 2nd Half, I spent it on the Eastern portion (taking B-t-Scenes photos such as these, that follow - below).


 A Patxi Punsalan on-the-spot-stolen Portrait 
(finely crafted ?) - Finally ! 


Funny, cos exactly a week ago, I bumped onto Nona Amoncio, at the Moro "gallery acces" {facing the Blue Eagle Gum} while chatting w Kara Buendia - and yesterday afternoon as i greeted Patxi Punsalan, beside that same access, Nona just happened to appear - so, I started to chide [make kantsaw ] Patxi, that finally, I could have a Patxi-Nona portrait (pointing out that i already have too many Nona portraits w so many different people)   ... and asked Nona where I could find some of her AWFT team mates.

When we got to a certain portion of the gallery - like Nona simply "disappeared", so well  ....bahala na .. but Kimbo was there, Camrod was there so agad-agad (in just quick seconds)  (wala ng isip-isip pa) - called Kimbo, called Camrod - looked at the angle of the sun, noticed the orange umbrella, (tried to place it as background, hirap !)  composed fast, fast, fast !!! - shot right away !!  ..

Patxi was still on her mobile, Camrod was looking elsewhere, Kimbo was alert and smiling  ...a smidge awkward - OK lang!
  


Kimbo, Patxi, and Camrod

 
 Then just as a second or two passed, the guy (behind) w the orange umbrella just happened to move "closer" - Julia Sucgang just popped into the frame - so I simply whizzed several images using servo mode  ! - Done



 Aws   .....
Julia graces the picture, even more

Still w/ an imperfect, slightly cluttered background (images below) ....
 No Biggy ! I simply Could Not - Not Shoot Right Away !!  ... A few seconds of hesitation, and the orange umbrella wouldda disappeared - truth is - it DID ! di moments just after i took about 10 or so frames !!

That IS "On-the-Spot"  photography for ya - A challenge in quick-thinking, but fun and rewarding none the less.




Then, just as quickly as she appeared, Julia quickly disappeared - ha ha ha ! - then noticed Tessa ( standing nearby and somehow angled to the sunset just right !) So, I simply promptly snapped away - Sakto lang bro !



 There Ya Go ! Tessa
Nice !

 Muy Simpatica ! 



T
Then .....  there was this bunch of happy-go-lucky coeds - who simply "made parinig" that they wanted their photos taken too  .. Surely !! No Prob  !!!  .

After promptly "rellocating" the thirteensome Ateneo students, I gave then quick, last-second tips [dos and don'ts] to help make for better results.




Perfectly Imperfect !
All Good
- cos, Next Week - during the Ateneo-La salle Men's match,
 at Moro too ...
I WILL look for these guys and do another version



C U at the Ateneo-La Lalle match, then, guys - OK ??



Done in a minute or so - got some necessary contact info and started to ease my self into the gallery  ...  as the 2nd half had started to progress already- 'Twas then that I managed some of my favorite directly sunlit portraits, as of late.


- Cam on my cam -
[DSLR, that is]
Love This ! 




Bea, Nona, and Tessa
just happened to sit together
 Is it one smile in three persons or 
three persons in one collective smile ?



- Yes, there is - "that warmth" ... that goes beyond the hue cast by the setting sun   .. and that "certain warmth" that "comes across", being the HOOK of these threesome images has definitely something to do with - probably  sincerity, trust, heart, soul - or simply just being Totally Relaxed and just Being in the Moment !!!  

whatever - actually - I am simply groping  words - truth be told  ....

.... and for me to be a loss for a better ["accurate"] description of something so subjective - that is OK, that is good  ..... I certainly don't mind

- maybe, just maybe - I'm just trying to do "artsy talk" even - 
don't matter  really no .....








 Maybe, I should just shut up and post ... 


Just pleased (very glad) just to have been able to fashion, create - a totally fresh, new interpretation of these, admittedly > favorites of mine  - just simple acquiantances in sport [among many] - having that every photo opp (particularly on-the-spot, spur-of-the-moment portraiture) is a Challenge i Relish and Enjoy 24/7 - even if, at times - the results I get are forgettable !!

These "sun-kissed" images .... basta - I Just love 'em - Adore 'em.
Was this planned, foreseen even ?? No Way !

( Pero, next week - baka subukan ko muli - siempre i-ibahin ko naman ang  deskartehe ) (at saka, baka next week - ma-iiba ang subjects ko)

Can't seem to decide how to cap this post for now .. so I'll just leave these words be - for now  - and type my name below.

Hopefully, anyway - there will be more "SOULfuls" like thees, (as I like calling them) - It's just a matter of time  ..... Hey, it's what i do well guys.

The subjects could be ANYONE , Literally - complete strangers, even, what have you  - It happens .

But, realistically, more often than not - It's the people who, at the least, that I know to a "lesser or higher degree", acquiantances, friends, people who get to be [regularly] with (inside and outside the arena of sport), without a doubt, at the very least ! and understand, "get" my photography, my "deskarte" and all - who end up with the better SOULfuls  .....

{ kaso lang, as far as this blog is concerned - I dont really share my more more precious very personal collection of portraits - that is, of people outside the sports scene - - TbTold }

.....  and to think that I really don't know, that well (on a personal level) of  most these fine young athletes - i don't need to be that close to them - I just need them to trust me and my art 24/7.  





I'll repost this photo, as in, insert it, in a previous thematic blog post,
 titled  "Bangs   ..... Trip lang Talaga"


I think this is my favorite tweak, {above} as in the image -----
 [among several that almost look exactly the same,
 but actually are DIFF images]
 -----having the best density, color saturation.


Ano ba tong post na 'to  - mala-Patxi ?, mala-Cam ?, mala-Bea ?, mala-Nona ?, mala-Tessa ?       Malala na talaga pre, malala na - ha ha ha




brosi gonzales  


Tags
tashaalquiros bobguerrero jingjamlang beavelasco nonaamoncio tessabernardo juliasucgang patxipunsalan kimbojimenez kimberleejimenez camrod camillerodriguez 
awft morolorenzofield  uaapfootball uaapseason78 behindthescenes humaninterestphotography abscbnsports

No comments:

Post a Comment