Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Challenge and Inspiration




Rikki,  Sel,  Lyane,  Maddie   .....
Nace  ...
Who -Ev,  What -Ev
Looking Back and Moving On




June 13, 2010 - San Juan Arena



July 1, 2011 - Rizal Stadium


 August 23, 2012 - Robinson's Galleria



 my latest of Lyane, from April 10

February10, 2016 - Mall of Asia Arena

 My latest of Maddie, from April 10


Recognize the four people above ?

If you have been very much "involved" [as in being an ardent follower of]
the UAAP and/or the PBA in the past few years till the present, you might recognize the 3 "media practicioners" and the college volleybelle above.

Having being involved with college sports [since 2009], the PBA [since 2011] - I've had the opp to randomly shoot [stolen, candid, or what-ev] 
Portraits/B-the-Scenes imagery, within the said scenario

In a post or two, previous to this one, one will particularly notice a {OTS} recent portrait each, of both Lyane O.[fr ABS-CBN Sports] and Maddie M. 
[fr the Ateneo Lady Eagle volleyball team].

Now, notice the dates under each of the images   .....

I actually first laid my eyes on [first noticed] chingky eyed [tsinita] Lyane Ocampo during the World 10-Ball Women's Championships at the Robinson's Galleria, at EDSA, almost 4 years ago - and the photo of her [above], "doing her thing" as part of the ABS-CBN Sports Team, was my first decent, blogworthy on-the-spot portrait of the Miriam grad - and between that point in time, up to the present - during almost ALL ['xept for less than 5 or so occasions] the ABS-CBN sports events that me and Lyane have literally bumped into each other - I've ALWAYS had at the least, Literally, a photo or two, or three [or four] [on some occasions maybe 20 or more !, even, of my "suki", or is it - ako yoong "suki" ? sa kanya - ha ha ha   

Then [mid-late 2012], tho the freguency, or rather, the "rate" at which I'd come up w/ B-t-Scenes portraits [candids, steals, or what-ev] was quit modest, as compared to the present day - where, almost every opp, or even a possibility of an opp, to craft a "decent" [actually, "SOULful" is the more accurate term] - has resulted [tho, NOT all the time] in a constant flow of such imagery -the past years or so - practically ALL my media colleagues, at least, those who i Vibe-into very well [some, to a greater degree than the rest].

Admittedly, i have favorites - I always have favorites - gals AND guys alike - that somehow get a little more attention from me [as compared to the rest]- "attention" as in good, sometimes truly Great, SOULful images ..

Ganoon lang ka simple yon.

What's my criteria  - sa akin na long yon.

Don't take my word for it - one can always ask around, particularly among the UAAP pool of photogs AND writers [vet and newbies alike] - isama mo na rin yoong sa PBA, pre.


--------- 

The one of Maddie Madayag - that was on the first occasion, that I actually politely asked her for a few seconds of her time - for a few solo {one-on-one} on the spots, though, honestly - the few snaps I took ..... sim-pleng, sim-ple lang - 

- comparing them to the solo one-on-ones [candids and/or stolen] of the likes of some members of the Ateneo and DLSU Women's and Men's Football Teams [from the past 4 years or so till the present !], the fab Five of Cainglet, Gervacio, Nacachi, Ferrer, and Ho --- Denden Lazaro, Apple David, Selina Dagdag, Judy Saril, Erika Padilla, Sel Gueverra [2nd image in this post], the Ateneo 3-peat Baseball Team [now dethroned], Van Opstal, Ryan Monteclaro, Simon Atkins, some PSL imports like Kaylee Manns, Lindsay Stalzer, Charo Soriano, Rachel Daquis, Michelle Gumabao, Jessica Galanza, TJ Manotoc, Gabby Dario, Mike Silungan, Terence Romeo, James and Phil Younghusband, bouncers from the Araneta, Chrsitine Hallauer, Jen Reyes, Jheck Dionela, Cha Cruz ... etc, etc - siblings [brothers and sisters], parents of my buddies at the AWFT and DLSU Football Teams [in particular], my UP Maroon acquiantances, UST football standouts like OJ C.,Shirmar F., David B.the former Southridge boys [contemps of my nephew] [now scattered among several college football teams],Blu Babble, the rookies from the AWFT and DSU football Teams, Coach Anto, Coach Hans .... Cha Cruz, the Cruz twins ->Camille & Cienne, Aby Marano, Mika Reyes, Alyssa Valdez, Valeen Montenegro, Ritz Azul, Tuesday Vargas, Ogie Alcasid, Sam YG, TonyToni, Slick Rick   ...  ........ basta  

.....  TAON din kong inipon yoong mga B-t-Scenss ko {sa sports scene} na nasa Ext HDrives ko -  and if only to remind myself and Constantly Challenge me to find Fresh, New ways of photographing anyone, literally - on my DSLR's sights - I tend to look back at [and share]  my early work every now and then  ....

..... ergo the June-2010 candid of Rikki Flores {above} {Now,
 THAT is a Classic !!} --- or the July-2011 posed shot of Sel Guevara {above}, which I took, a good, fresh five minutes or so after I had just met her at a pre-Azkals-match morning press brief at the Rizal Stadium   - Irreplacable, Priceless memories that still Inspire me.

Not that it is Easy - It Never is - to take my imagery [frame by single frame]
to higher level.

There are still a lotta people I will meet and take great images of  ..

My favorites, the near, and dear, ones [inside AND outside the sports arena] - will continue to have their share -

Love em All - Love What I D

What - Ev


Early, Early action shot of my nephew, Nace Gonzales
during his first few football lessons 
Summer of 2000


I DO have analogue images of the boy, taken during his First Ever !!, Literally !!, football class [at the Southridge basketball courts] - It's just that, for now !!, I cant find that folder [somewhere in my Ext Hdrives] - so the image above might suffice for now.



Nace
March 1, 2015


 Nace
February 21, 2016


Two of my all-time favorites, of my nephew, from the past year or so


Look Back [occasionally], Continue to Learn,
 day by day
 Shoot Pa More !


brosi gonzales 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment