Monday, April 04, 2016

Prelude to the Playoffs?



 Saturday, Sunday
& Better [more intense] Days [ahead]
- [unfinished post] -



'Twas just a simple "generic" busy weekend for me ... Last Saturday, I totally missed three college football matches to attend to one "more urgent" football match, and one dinner, and come yesterday, I  attended two college football matches.

Image wise - well - I managed a few decent ones .. That's all.

Maybe, I'm just too concerned about my other concerns  [business and personal] - a lot of significant ones which are simply pending, and need patience working on ..... that i'm just so lazy this morning, and just achin' to shoot that next UFL match this Wednesday, at least, with a properly working telephoto.

Managing manual focus w/ a 400mm tele is always frustrating, at some level, and not finding any 70-200 2.8 Canon tele-zoom units rentable from all the sources I know, the past few days.. well - ganoon talaga ....


- I just had to deal with it.

 In a nutshell, my Sat and Sun were "barely acceptable" to me - comparing them to how much Intensity AND Fun my other weekends have given me {All things considered - sports assignments, personal life and all}  {I've experienced so, so, so much better} 

I know tho,  I'll have better Sats and Suns sooner than later.

Yup, fact is, on April 6, Wednesday I'll cover the Stallions FC vs Global FC match, and on April 10, Sunday - I'll be at the UP vs UST Womens' {I think it's a knockout game..} ,  Ateneo vs DLSU ! Volleyball matches at the MoA {a  blockbuster day for UAAP Women's Volleyball !}, and there are [of course] the UAAP Mens' Football matches at Moro [Thursday, the 7th] and the Mens' AND Womens' matches at McKinley [Sat and Sun, the 9th and 10th], the match-ups, of which I am still not aware of.

By the end of the past weekend's Mens' and Womens' UAAP  matches - FEU and DLSU held the top slots in the Mens' and Womens' Divisions respectively.
 

Now, Here are some randomly sequenced moments [ fr Sunday and Sunday] which i managed to capture, using manual focus :




Pantomine ?







#16 Mar Rose Obra {2nd half}



The UP Lady Maroons exchanged goals with the Lady Tams for a Final Tally of {2-2} ---- Cristina de los Reyes for UP on the 9th / Jovelle Sudaria for FEU on the 18th' / Mary Rose Obra for UP at the 32nd' / and Sudaria again, on the 35th ---- {penalty} {photo below}.


 - Equalizer -
Sudaria handily drills this penalty in, as AJ Javier goes opposite.



Daniel Gadia, Ian Clarino, and Chris Monfort combined to take down the Adamson Falcons [3-0] {McKinley}, during the last match of Sunday's UAAP Tripleheader.













Last Saturday {Rizal}, Stallions FC dealt Green Archers United  a  3-1 loss.
{photo above and below}.


At McKinley, that same day, Saturday --- Ateneo {men's}beat UST {4-2},
 DLSU {women's} stopped Ateneo {3-1},  DLSU {mens's} surprised NU {3-1}.
 I missed all three matches. 

---------


.... a few more random images fr Sunday evening here ...


 Ye - llow !!
#7 Jean Kadil of FEU  and  #3 Cristina de los Reyes of UP get yellows.





Sudaria foils Obra


Try mightily as she could Obra could not get a second,
 possibly game-winning one, goal in the 2nd half.


This time #5 Portia Acibar makes life miserable for Mary Rose,
 thwarts another Obra foray.




Besides Obra #16, Ya don't mess around with #3 of UP
{sev images follow below}
 In any match vs UP
No Wonder,
Former ROY Lady Maroon de los Reyes is Always Marked !








At McKinley, that same day, Saturday --- Ateneo {men's}beat UST {4-2},
 DLSU {women's} stopped Ateneo {3-1},  DLSU {Men's} surprised NU {3-1}.
 Missed all tree matches - due to a UFL commitment.

Hassled some post-match-pahabol-behind-the-scenes shots of my nephew {DLSU Team Cap} [muy importante yan] and one or two Nice Portraits of some
DLSU fans {prev featured already - ONLY 2 images, tho}.

I'll release the very few shots of some triumphantly cheerful Green Archers in my next post. 



brosi gonzales



Tags
feuladytamarraws upladymaroons jovellesudarua Jeankadil portiaacibar danielgadia maryroseobra cristinadelosreyes uaapwomensfootball uaapseason78 uaapmckinleyhill ajjavier nightphotography zhyrellebelluga suettiesimoy adamsonfightingfalcons availablelightphotography

No comments:

Post a Comment