Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Iconic ?


Resonance


Two, two hundred, two thousand,  two hundred thousand .....
Nine, nine hundred, nine thousand, nine hundred thousand ... whatever

Suffice it to say, that with my two Canon DSLRs combined - I have already prob over a million actuations [clicks of th shutter] since early 2011 {not including actuations from my first two DSLRs, which were Nikon - My Nikon D60 conked out late 2010, and i survived with an entry level Nikon D3000 for sev months before switching to Canon, all the way, by early 2011 }


---------FYI, as of late, I had the Canon [official, legit] Service Center at Magallanes, run my 2 Canon DSLR bodies through their software to determine the total number of times my shutters have actually clicked ---------

Without a Doubt, only a fraction OF A fraction of the images created from such a humunggus effort {and wear and tear, on the shutters, that is}  truly "made the grade", as far as my personal standards are concerned.

Week-in, week-out, month-in, month-out, year-in, year-out -- since early 2011 - Only a very,very, [very] few images truly "survive"  ....

Now,  as far as this post is concerned, and as far as the past 6-10 months are concerned - If I may take ONLY TWO images that have been "Most Evocative of what IS Inside of me", Most Truthful, and Most Inspiring,  in the sense that I wish I could "reach" that "level'", or rather - that Resonance ---- {which is Truly Rarely achieved} {more often, sana, sana, sana!} 

--- Hands Down --- Without an Iota of Doubt --- It is these two photos that follow .....
[as of late] that Have Hit Home, for me -------
 in a away like no other [the past half year or so] !



" Walk Me Home"

Street {Night, Low Light} Photography - [Makati City] 
- October 19, 2015 -
 





Yes, they are reposts, but I don't mind reposting these - Reminding myself, more so - Inspiring AND Challenging myself to Outdo these two "journalistic", street images [if you will] that I find to be simply, and subtly most powerful indeed. 

FACT IS, Only One of the two images posted here is mine - OK?

NOW, Not that one of these images [that I've crafted in the past few years or so] is the only one that I truly feel, has reached a certain level of, Technical & Artistic, Excellence [again, if i may call it that], Truth, and [again] Resonance --- 

--- It's just that I want this post, to be "contemporary", so to speak - updated, as to the NOW.

Truth be Told ! , I've had the rare experience [somewhere within the past years or so] of having crafted single images, that have Literally !! {I Kid You Not} Altered the Course of my Life, in so many more ways than one ! 

And as far as the two images above are concerned, FYI, they do not have that impact  -
Still, they are as "Iconic", as all those Truly Great Images that I've had the fortune of creating the past few years or so.

Sometimes Easy, Sometimes Difficult to craft - still - Doable.

--- I cannot NOT be able to create images that Hit Home ... I just have to somehow create such Images, one way or another, as often as I possibly can {which is So, So {SO} Not Easy, Mind You !} Sooner than Later -

Images that, hopefully, will someday turn out to be Iconic ---- In more ways than one.

For me - Iconic IS the way to go.




brosi gonzales 

  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment