Friday, May 27, 2016

E J Punsalang




Iconic at Eight


It was May 26-29 thereabouts, 2008 ..... was just hangin' at my friend's
 [village mate] {South Bay Gardens, Sucat} house when I decide to shoot a few, {5-20 quickie frames} on-the-spot available light portraits of my biker bud, EJ Punsalang, at his garage.

Still had my 2-month old Nikon D60 [w a manual 300 mm G-Lens] then.

No biggy - i said to myself - I do this all the time - take what the scenario [lighting situation] accords me - Angle my subject properly, adjust my manual settings, compose my shot - and simply - do what has been second nature for me - for so long - Craft an available light portrait.



  " E J " 

Now, this image is eight years old.  

Yes, I've shot thousands of frames [solo portraits in all kinds of lighting scenarios - of people fr various walks of life]  since.

Still, this " E J" has always been one of my All-Time Favorites of "undeniably, truly great" solo portraits.  It has stood the test of time. It has stayed.

Suffice it to say - [at least] In my book - It IS iconic.


brosi gonzales


PS
the orig photo is in color

No comments:

Post a Comment