Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Koreana




Heart in Seoul






She plays really "Mean Violin", as in awesome ! - classical at that.

She got Korean blood.  She did manage to model for a while [despite her short height !] when she spent long months here in Manila {staying in a realtive's place in Makati City}.

Took her around town a couple of times - mini-concert, rock band - course the photo shoot with studio lights [here]  ...

After a while, she had to fly back home - that simple.



Her name starts with a "K"

For brief period, my heart was in Seoul ...Yeah, Right .... KI - dding !! [am I?] - whatever - who the hell cares ?! Seriously !

Simply because she's the only Korean girl i got to know, hang out with - the only Korean girl i was able to shoot lots of portraits of, She easily stands out among all my friends [favorite subjects]  [mostly Pinay ! of course].




 Honestly, looking back at these old, old film prints  [scanned and converted to JPEGs and then  "overly watermarked", sorry, for now this is the only file I have - gotta find an "unwatermarkd" one !]  ...... Of course, I'd probably compose my shots differently were it present day - today - But, hey, that was way back when .....

.....and I've evolved since    ... all these {luckily preserved} images from my archives were just part of my learning process ---> which continues to this very day
 


 ----------

The Quality {Technical AND Artistic} of some of her portraits 
[taken w natural light and /or with artificial light] is the MORE Important thing, as always - the "blog worthiness" of "K"'s portraits is what I'm concerned about [obviously].

But what matters, more so, with my portraiture --> "in a manner of speak - so to speak"  - ha ha ha   ..... and spoken like a true artist   ...

.....It has to transcend what I see - Flesh and Blood - I NEED Heart in Seoul - este, i mean   ha - ha - ha - Gotta have  [Real]  Heart  and  [Real]  Soul
 in my portraits {diff as it is, at times, to achieve
 - and and Yes - I am not KI - dding ?




brosi gonzales

 

No comments:

Post a Comment