Thursday, June 13, 2013

Lady Archers Win 
Filoil Flying-V Championship


 - Coolest conversion, ever !!, in the match -
Running jumpshot, fakes out defender
 [shooter's body NOT squared towards the goal], 
ball hits the backboard [straight and true] -
"banda"  straight to the bottom of the net !!!
[photo above & below]




Truth be told  it is only Abaca [Finals MVP] and Scott [Nikki] and Asst Coach Jenkins Messina who I know [and have conversed with] - in this talented Archers Team.  The rest of the team - hardly know anybody except Piatos & Coach Tyrone [by names only] - & I can't even remenber Abaca's & Piatos' first names! - 

And, Yes, this is the ONLY Lady Archers match that I've photographed this whole Filoil Flying-V Hoops Tourney  [I am so totally NOT surprised that the Lady Archers and Lady Tamaraws meet again - as they did in the UAAP Finals early this year. [FEU won the Gold]

Now, with my Game Stat Sheet misplaced again [how stupid of me] - I just have these few captionless action shots to share.




In the last 8 seconds of the match, [with the score tied] Lady Archer [and veteran] Piatos [#10] converts on medium jumpshot.  On the return play FEU misses as time runs out. I  don't have stills of those last two sequences BUT I do have them in HD Video !!   [In the last three minutes of the match - I shifted and used my ever reliable Sony HD Video Cam]


 Nikki Scott








Happy for you Nikki 

Never bother to take wide shots of the awarding
Naakakafruatrate lang talaga - 
My wide lens is still w Canon [Magallanes] - it's still under repair!!
Aurggh !!






Monochromes taken in the Lady Archers dugout follow in the next post.

brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment