Saturday, June 01, 2013

- Teaser -
 Know What I Did
[the] Last [few days of] Summer ?

Is there a particular date when summer "officially" starts and and ends, here in Manila ?? Don't matter much really, but as far as I'm concerned it just "feels" like this [last day of May/first day of June] weekend is the "end" of my summer and the transition to the rainy season.  Well, whatever.

Had my share of bad [as in ba aa ad moments] days and good [w very memorable/cherished moments] days, had a few trips/adventures and misadventures "here and there", made a few more friends and continued to nurture my acquiantances and friendships - and as always, my days have always been been "punctuated" by photography - sports and portrait shoots, that is - hey -   that's what I do.  And at least as far as my sports photojournalism is concerned - it's the weekends that are never without shoots.  At times sports events overlap and I end up having to sacrifice one for the other.  There have been days this summer, truth be told, that I was so "bato" with my work - but I just had to do it - simply because it IS work.  The pace can occasionally be so unforgiving - but again - in sports photojourn, photographers can't control the scheds.

This weekend, at least - the pace was just right for me - a pre-prod meeting on Thursday for upcoming/ongoing projects, a MMA event on Friday evening [Yet, still - I had to sacrifice shooting 3 hoops matches] - w/in a time frame of roughly 6 hours ->[12 noon to 6pm thereabouts] w/ a call time  as early as 4 pm.

--.  .  .  .just three random picks here  .   .   .   .

 Shot -

ONE FC's Mixed Martial Arts Event ->"Rise To Power"
 [Mall of Asia Arena].     .     .     .



Two Filoil Flying-V Quarterfinal Basketball Matches  .    .    .    .


That would be the San Beda vs Adamson and the  Ateneo vs LaSalle 
Quartefinals  [Arena, San Juan]  .   .   .   .



and a Shakey's V-League [Winer-Take-All]
 Volleyball Championship Match  .  .  .
 [images to follow]

Will feat the a forementioned sports events in separate blog posts hereafter  .  . 


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment