Monday, June 24, 2013

Branding


At the Second Century Tuna 5150 Triathlon [Subic] - I was tasked [part of my job] to do 'branding" imagery.  By "branding" photos/images  - I am referring to on-the-spot / location photos where a particular brand item and/or signage, logos, set-ups, booths are physically / graphically seen as an integral element of a photo.

Crafting very good / effective "branding" images is not as easy as it seems to be.  Art is sacrificed in the process.  So shooting these images goes against my very instincts  [as far as shooting good photos are concerned].  But work IS work and if I have to sacrifice  Art, as required at times, So be it.

Shot hundreds of these "branding " photos at the 5150 and had 
- literally !! -  just a few stolen minutes, or two - to shoot what I wanted.

[The image on my post "Thoughts from a Triathlon"  is just one of Less Than Ten !!  personal photos I managed to steal]


Literally -[again] No time for those dramatic behind-the-scenes emotional images of athletes or sports/landscape images

Will I post my branding photos ? - No !!  You guys will just be bored outta your wits - They ain't blogworthy, at least, as far as this blog is concerned


brosi gonzales




PSP - Post Script Photos

More often than not - It is the images that I don't get paid to shoot - that I  Value / Remember the most from an event -


Here are a few of MY personal photo faves from 5150 :


  Ben Allen / Noy Jopson / Jacqui Slack

In all the triathlons [major AND minor] I've been one to the past three years or so - Ben Allen and Noy Jopson have always been around.  [Ben probably doesn't even remember my name till now]. With Ben and Noy, I've  always managed to have a brief chat or two in every event that I see them  -  Several Times Every Year !  That is.



 Pinoy Pride
Nikko Huelgas / ________ / Alfred Uytengsu /  Monica Torres


  It's either Ya Got it or Ya Don't
[above & below]


Got Spunk ?     Got Soul ?

 Tang Ina !!    Show It !!

Strive for shots no one has.  Pretty sure about the two images above.  Waited patiently for the other photogs to do "posed" press images - and when I finally got my chance -- --

Monica hammed it up a bit -   Great !!  
 My Kinda shot !  Thank You Nikko and Monica !!


Magali Bernasconi  Echauz / Monica Torres / Anna Stohl

I'm a Monica Torres admirer. In practically all of the big triathlon events around the archipelago, in the last 2-3 years or so - I've always seen this achiever of an athlete perform . At least, I finally got to have a few words [gave her my calling card] with this superb lady athlete - hope she visits this blog soon.







 Isabelle Daza
Find her very attractive [I don't know her]



Yu Murayama / Isabelle Daza / __________ / Mr. Rick Olivares

 Yu is [Season 75 UAAP Champ - Keeper 4 the Blue Eagles] one of the young turks
 Rick Olivares [my boss] has picked, as of late, to join our Team.



Erica Abello
Witnessed [photographed] a couple of her matches in the UAAP a few years back. She was a catcher for the Ateneo UAAP Softball Team. She IS a True Athlete. She is smart [Ateneo grad].  Yes - EA HAS  Beauty and Brains  -  

--- In my speak --->L S D --- Looks / Smarts& Skills &-->Spunk!!! /  Drive.
  Have to E-mail her soon to get more info - hope to feat her soon - That'll be Cool



brosi gonzales


Tags
5120centurytunatriathlon centurytunatriathlon benallen jacquislack ericaabello
monicatorres


No comments:

Post a Comment