Friday, June 21, 2013


Solstice

The Summer Solstice means different things to different people. The Druids had "something to say" about it - hey, they built Stonehenge - didn't they ??

It does mark the End of Summer - for others  .  .  .

It's claimed to be the longest day of the year  [for one thing] - My birthday, though, just happens to fall on the longest night of the year [as if I'll ever forget that] well whatever   .  .  .  .

For me - Summer means different things every year for me - simply because every Single Summer Something [very, very] Significant ALWAYS happens [sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes happy, and sometimes sad] to me [don't ask me why], and by the time the Solstice comes in - I usually have had adjusted.

The summer just past - I don't really know Now - I don't really care anymore - Everything just whizzed by so F_______ Fast !! I just want to forget it, let go and move on [Will I? or Will I Not?].   Was it [what happened this summer]  good or was it bad then ?  I DON'T KNOW.  [I'm sure I've learned a thing or two - become a better person - I hope]  Whatever - It's done - Summer is Gone.

Thinking back to summer [2013] just makes me feel sad so better not think about it anymore - anyway there's Next Summer to look forward to !! HA !

And No - I don't want to take myself too [a flaw of mine] seriously these days - cause - there's a lot of projects waiting for me this Summer Solstice going into the Winter Solstice -  My work [photography] - rather -->my passion & love for it -  has always been my One Constant that has carried me through ALL the Seasons.

I should be very pleased - I should still believe in myself [even after all the times I've fallen flat on my face the past six months] -  I'm going to Subic tomorrow, flying to Singapore next week, and eagerly looking forward to - UAAP Season 76 !! [starts June29] [basketball, volleyball, taekwando, baseball, softball, football - Whew! ]  - all the way to 2014, FIBA, Iron Man, endless weekly press briefs, the Houston Rockets, ONE FC, Pacific Extreme - possibly New York & Rio  - - and so on and so forth -  so it goes   -   finally leaving Summer and this Solstice behind  .  .   .   .


And B4 I forget - speaking of the sun [my favorite photographic tool] .  .  .  there is this favorite poem of mine - I came across - in a non-fiction book I read only last May !!  Believe it or not - It was "written" by an inmate in a Nazi concentration camp [of all places to discover such an inspiring poem] - It was actually etched on a wooden bunk !!  
It goes something like this  -  -  -


Still believe in the Sun
even if I don't See It

Still believe in Love
even if I don't feel it


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment