Saturday, June 08, 2013

First Friday Launch of "5"
[A tribute to Heroes - A tribute to a Friend]
 


I did not mind at all missing two great Semi-Finals matches at the Filoil 
Flying -V Basketball Tourney last June 3, Friday. Why so ? I was personally invited by my boss, media colleague - and good, good friend ->Rick Olivares - [one of the principal authors] to the official launch of "5" .

As always, I had a great time - taking "snaps" of, and exchanging brief pleasantries with the very athletes that I've had the pleasure of "working with"/shooting in action - the past three years that I've been officially involved with the UAAP.

I started officially shooting UAAP Basketball way back 2010 [though I started shooting UAAP Football and Volleyball earlier [2009]- I witnessed the 3rd, 4th and 5th Championship Odysseys of the Blue Eagles under Norman Black shooting on  hardcourts of Araneta and the Arenas of San Jan and MoA.  Coming into the Ayala Museum that drizzly Friday I knew I was going to be in the Company of Heroes [We all know the journey to the 5-Peat was fraught with heartbreak and profound disappointment the first few years w Coach Black -ergo - the sweeter it was when the Blue Eagles started this Dynasty] - in a Reunion of Winners.


Do I really need to put captions on ALL of the pictures here ?

Rick and Eman

Justin, Zags - and their girlfriends





The Coach and the Ambassador
















Salva and Monfort

























The Salvas and the Medinas
Franjo S, Monch S, Pam Gruba M, Mon S, Chito M





Mike Baldos [ext left], Yuri Escueta [ext right] 
 with their "mga minamahal sa buhay"







Philip w wife Anna and daughter Adi

The Main Men behind 5 ->Philip Sison and Rick Olivares

Great photographers and writers tell stories from their hearts and 
serve substance with soul. 
 And the better ones do in a style all their own. 
 5 is the synergy these two great talents - my buds Philip and Rick.

























Farther, Son, Friend
A Diligent Father of two [Matthew and Anthony], a Dutiful Son
and A True BLUE !  Friend -->Mr. Rick Olivares  proudly poses with his Dad [Jeeeez - I forget his name!].  

I've had the pleasure and honor of working with Rick the past three years or so and our collaboration has opened a lot of doors [understatement] for me AND more so, made me grow, as a person [besides enhance my photography skills].  It has been a great journey that continues to this very day.

There were numerous occasions when Rick wanted to FIRE me [sevX in all those three years], because of my foul-ups and "unprofessional behavior".  Yet, he would fight for me when big bosses wanted to "get rid" of me - and then some.  Somehow, through whatever mess-ups/storms/tests that confronted our  professional AND personal friendship - Rick has always been humble enough to go the extra mile / "see through" my flaws and give me 2nd AND 3rd chances ---> for me to make up for my shortcomings. 

- - - and THAT has made ALL the Difference

 What else can I say but "Thank You" - 
What least can I give except my Best.



brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment