Sunday, June 02, 2013

The Ties [and Tears] That Bind


Yesterday, late afternoon, the NU Lady Bulldogs won the Shakey's V-League Championship [dethroning the Two-Time Defending Champs Ateneo Lady Eagles]. 'Twas truly one of the most exciting winner-take-all championship matches I've ever witnessed.  NU dominated Ateneo in Sets #1 and 2 but the Never-Say-Die Eagles took Set #3, and all of a sudden - the stage was set for 
the comeback to beat all comebacks.  Everybody and Everybody was already anticipating nothing less - {  where a team, behind two sets nil would force a 5th Set and Win [particularly the Ateneo fans]  }.

But as we all know too well  - even w Ateneo leading 22-20 in the 4th Set, three
fateful service errors by the Ladies from Loyola, did them in and the Lady Bulldogs finally got their First Shakey's V-League Volleyball Crown.

As usual - I tried to capture the swirl of emotion on the court during those first few seconds after the final buzzer  .   .   . [It's not that easy, mind you]




Even days before that Third and Final match - I'd thought of the title to my upcoming post on that game.  "Broken Plays and Broken Hearts" - would be a good title - I thought, maybe. Don't think I'll use that title anymore [4 some reason].
Now, just feel like picking a few random images from those first few moments just after the match ended - when the outburst of emotion [from both the Lady Bulldogs and Lady Eagles] was so raw - yet ever so so fleeting.




Sooner than later I'll post some action photos from the match - but these first initial posts that you see here -  these are the ones that matter more  [to me. at least].










It's these images that I remember, not the action shots.

People "take away" different things from a particular experience.  Photographing moments like these [at least for me] always reminds me of my humanity.  Being witness to such is humbling for me.  They somehow remind me to always try to look for the good in every person - and in so doing - become more tolerant of flaws, [truly easier said than done] if ever [my flaws included].

Great opp for real photography
 - seeing what you feel and feeling what you see -
and capturing it




brosi gonzales

2 comments:

  1. Srsly. I love your blog! love those photos.... gosh! inspired to have one. but i'm not as talented as u. i am an awv fan :)) but not an atenean.. more post to come for uaap76? thanks. @bemalynSARIOL (twitter)

    ReplyDelete