Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Feeling at Home in the PBA

November 25 - SMART Araneta
 Tuesday Twinbill
San Miguel-95    Global Port-69
Rain or Shine-95    NLEX-93

[FYI - This is NOT a Game recap]



I don't remember the exact date when I covered a PBA match for the first time [was it mid-2011 thereabouts?].  Suffice it to say - It didn't appeal to me that much, simply because I kept comparing it to my fave hoops tourney, then, the UAAP. 

Now, in hindsight, I feel that that created  an unfounded bias.


Sol

 Yes, It did take a Lot of Time, but "somewhere along the way" in the past 3 or so years - "things changed"  --  Maybe I changed , or the PBA - or Both   ...Whatever .......

Now, I LOVE the PBA.



Lindsey,  Kieth,  Sarah,  Stanley

Faye (back),  Joanna,  Paolo,  Qiu


  Ask me - Between UAAP Basketball and the PBA - Which do I LOVE more, now ? 
 -->  Neither.


Asi and JR


Why Even Bother to ask ? - It is Pointless.
What is "PointFULL" is that I love both leagues - and as a result, every single moment I am involved in a PBA or UAAP hoops event - I have fun.



Mara


Ai


It's Fun because I appreciatte the "players" on AND of the court.  I connect with them.  I'm acquainted  with some athletes themselves, their wives, even their kidZ ! --  I engage in conversation [every now and then] with the courtside reporters, TV 5 crews, panelists, statisticians, player managers ...etc, etc -- I get to meet and become buddies with some PBA fans who freguently attend ....  What else ?  Did I forget something ? - Hm YES ...


Paul and Asi


There are the the Masters -> Grizzled Photojourn Vets - in August de la Cruz, Jun Mendoza, Joey Mendoza, Sonny Espiritu, Rey, Cesar and a few other nice guy photogs who I kid around with more often now [ actually, it's more like the guys love to tease me about how I "make deskarte", when it comes to shooting B-t-Scenes imagery ---
 hahaha !! - But,Truth be Told - OK lang !! ]



Czar and Jaime



Of course, my Near and Dear, Dear friends in Czar Dancel, Jerome Escano, 
Mark Cristino, Kevin de la Cruz , Sherwin Valdeleon   .....

More Importantly TOO - is that the CSRs, my Sports 5 acquiantnces, pretty much those who I freguently photograph so easily "get",  and appreciate  my "unorthodox" techniques AND angles when I do on-the-spots - NOT that I try to be different or anything like that  - It's just that "it's just me"  when I do my on-the-spots.



Nino and Jericho


Same with the boys - They [mostly my photog buddies]  now receive a decent dose of  "soulful" on-the-spots - every now and then - and they know that I'll ALWAYS find Fresh, New Ways of photographing them journalistically, albeit with a Spin, Style, Soul & Substance -  that makes their images evocative, very likable, at the very LEAST - and that shows How Much I Value Them !!!   [Oops, Pre, pa senti na 'to - Awat na !]


Girl texting and waiting


Of Course !! - I Love the Basketball Too !!  The PBA's Level of Skill AND Competition is a Treat to Shoot !  -- But you guys know - I don't really Articulate on the Sports Action Imagery in my blog - as much as I do on my "People Photography" .


Beau & Asi


Anyway, It's just All Good, These days - 
 I simply have to keep on raising the level of my Photography [NOT that it's Easy]
Every Single Time I Shoot at the PBA - and that every single time I leave the premises of the Araneta or MoA Arena, after a PBA match - I'm a little better, as a photographer, than I was, when I entered the game venue ---> and Happier Too.


Mara  Aquino and Apple  David
M - A - A - A - D
Snapshots !




Love - It !


brosi gonzales  



Tags
pbaphilippinecup2014 sanmiguelbeerpba globalportpba globalportbatangpier
rainorshinepba rainorshineelastopainters nlexroadwarriors solmercado asitaulava paullee ninocanaleta jerichocruz aidelacruz maraaquino appledavid beaubelga

No comments:

Post a Comment