Sunday, November 16, 2014

Is Beauty ..... { revised post }

November 15

..... In the HEART or EYES 
of the Beholder ? 


Randomly, I chose these images from two November 15, Saturday Shoots
 { one at the Cuneta Astrodome during a Phil Super Liga Volleyball  tripleheader,  the other at the Ynares Gym during a Pacific Extreme {#46}  MMA Event }   - ( Had to skip my World Trade Center "expo thingy", 
which I had originally intended to visit before lunch ) - OK lang

Pretty much from a larger set, I narrowed down some choices to these few favorites ...
Will I just caption them w names, OR will I let the images just speak for themselves ??
Shall I add a few more in the next 48 {depending on my mood} ?   .....


----- At least for me - I'd say Both in the Heart and Eyes - or Whatever.  Fact is I really Don't care.  It just sounds catchy for a title -That's All ....   hahaha !

What's important is that i feel a vibe, if only to be more "sensitive", and aware  {and in some cases initiate} AND capture moments that can speak volumes.

Having subjects Relax and, Trust me  --- Then, the IS that sense of Timing and Rythm, the "Pulse" of a person ... Yes, I'm coming from ears and Years of Portraiture  [if I may say so]

Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's difficult --- to sense how to best shoot someone's portrait, capture "something" or a "Hook" [as in music parlance] to carry the image ....  wether it be choreographed or stolen. 

 At times - i don't capture  a "hook" immediately, but  on some occasions, I get it in the First Several Clicks  -  even !   It IS always a case to case, unpredictable scenario every single o-t-s portrait shoot - {that's what why it's called on-the-spot  - Duh ?}



But that's OK .....  

As long as Beauty is in the Eyes, or Heart, of the Beholder -  It, in itself, is huge a complement to the subject.

And-  as in my case, I have been "complementing " people for so many years now - through my images - hahaha

One thing I've learned and still continue to experience - in my personal portrait shoots is  ....  That Beauty - is BOTH Tangible and Intangible.




 Michelle & Kaylee


Patty / Bea / Dzi / Karla / Kimberly


Ina Ongsiako


Michelle Datuin / Lilet Mabayad / Rossan Fajardo


Kristy Jaeckel


Patty Orendain / Bea Tan / Karla Bello /
 Dzi Gervacio / Kimberly Mendez






Ina Ongsiako


Erica & Italo 





Kaylee Manns



I stole these two moody images of Grayson,
[above & below]
 during the Pacific Extreme [#46] MMA Event, 
 at the Ynares Gym, in Pasig.

Grayson is the son of PBA Player Jay Washington. 



The only other images in this post, which were taken at Ynares
- are those of Erica and Italo, and the unidentified female photographer.

 All other images in this post were shot at the Cuneta Astrodome.


Raisin Washington


Bea & Ivy


Kristy & Kaylee


Abigail Praca


 Ina Ongsiako


Angeline "Dzi " Gervacio

Look Wet  or  Wet look ??


Jheck Dionela





First time ever I saw this female photographer
{cageside, during the Pacific Extreme [#46]  MMA Event}

Serious Hobbyist ? / Amateur ? / Rookie Pro ?

Lost her in the crowd, after the event - 
Well, Maybe next time






ops - isang pahabol portrait nga ...




A Simple BUT "beauty-full " photograph -
[November 16, SMART Araneta Press Room]


Now, my latest addition to a set of  "Endless Vignettes"
I'm working on.

This is from my second set. 

BTW - I love these guys.
They are my BEST Photo Buddies in the BIZ.



brosi gonzales 

No comments:

Post a Comment