Monday, January 05, 2015

Just Sharin'


Coming Clean
{Walang Sabit}


I remember pretty much exactly a year ago. January5, Sunday, 
my mom - breathing her last

Fact is during her lifetime, my relationship with her, was never that ideal - Nothing too dramatic, heavy,  or "pang tele-novela" type of stuf, tho, at least.  Fortunately. {fast forwarding to the time we all moved to Sucat from Bulacan - 2007} I was given the "unsolicited" opp to take care of my parents.

Neither Good NOR bad - I was able to do just that {w the able support of my brother}

From the time of her Last Stroke [X'Mas Eve, 2013}- until her last day, {Jan.5, 2014} -  I stayed with her  {I lived in her hospital room - bathed and did my networking in her room, leaving ONLY for shoots and urgent personal errands}. 

 And as fate would have it I was even able to record, w my mobile, her "last words", meaning the last time she ever talked [that was dawn of Jan.3, Friday]. She humbly recited the "Our father", even  tried to sing, giggle for a second or two [at one point] - and called out my name - "Brosi".

She was pretty much "half asleep" those last few days -though technically NOT in a comma - and like an innocent child trying to enunciate, but w difficulty {considering her weakening physical condition} - 'Twas poigniant, at the very least - and NOTHING at all dramatic !!.  Simple and  Sincere - a dying mother calling out to her Creator and calling out her son - me ...

After she fell back to sleep { I recorded her last words for about 15 minutes before she quietly slipped into slumberland}} that Friday morn - she actually never woke up - and just passed away two days later, around 2:30 pm of Jan 5,  The following Sunday.

They say one'll never really know what to expect, when the time comes when one's mom or dad dies.  True {for me}.

I never expected that her passing way would be Not that Heavy for me [NOT THAT I'M MANHID] - Mind You !  Sure, I was sad - I still am, to this day - miss mom ..

But I had the chance to "make up" for all my "pagkukulang" to her in her lifetime. In her last 7 or so years - I was able to be close to her, in a manner like no other, "care-giving" her in the bast manner I could, despite so many obstacles.  In her last few days at the hospital room - I lived with her - I was the last person she ever talked to [uttered a word to] {Thank God for mobiles and their voice recording Apps !!} .. 

Still - I sigh - Fondly - and was  glad to have been there during the said moments.

Like I said - I never was the ideal son - I had my shortcomings w my mom,, during her lifetime ..

At least - at the Time of her Death - I had already Come Clean - 
Walang Sabit" so to speak.

I Thank God for that. 



 Mom is the middle [w white hair]
{July, 2011 file photo - Jollibee]


 What else Can I Say ?

Thank You, Mom for, Everything.

I Miss You - You'll Always be MOM.

I Love You.


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment