Friday, January 23, 2015

Iogan Azure Santos

Go Beyond
 Photographing What You See
Capture What You Feel



Yesterday afternoon, inside National Bookstore, Cubao, as I was browsing through a National Geographic  "Best Of " Issue

I came across a quote by World  Class NGC Photographer Steve Mc Curry,
 who said something to the effect of .... {Damn - I shouldda noted it down Verbatim !}

-- that sometimes the camera {the photog} has to WAIT
 for the picture to ENTER the Frame ---


Luckily ! 
Ace Lensman Jun Mendoza actually took a photo of me 
AS I angled to shoot the three consec images posted in this feat !!


Thanx a Mill - Jun !!!

And looking back at my "Iogan Azur Santos & the Photographers" image, which I snapped [mid-court] amidst the post-Game 7 Championship Game frenzy and proceedings - I knew that the "story" behind that photo was undeniably a clear affirmation of Mc Curry's TRUISM.

 ---------


Iogan Azur Santos
& the
Photographers 
One of three separate frames -
- One of these is actually a Repost -

As practically ALL of the BEST Sports Photojournalists in the archipelago were gathered in one group of about 30, waiting for the Alaska and San Miguel Teams to take turns posing for them, atop that elongated platform -

I simply lingered just behind the said platform - facing the group AND  hoping to get a simple group shot - Hopefully with a "Good Measure" of at least, Unity/Solidarity and Sana, SANA ! some Measure of Emotion  ...

Why Not ?  That's Just simply my style.  By this time, most of the guys in the group are quite familiar with my "expectations" if I may call it that - when I try to craft people shots - Solo or Group ..

I couldn't seem to get a Good Moment - considering the situation - Everybody just being so preoccupied, prepping for the Teams to stand on the platform - and I simply had the feeling that if I would try to art-direct them {to all smile, or shout, or wave}- i just might have a Hard Time since -- -"Hindi ko kontrolado yoong eksena"  

-  I snapped a frame or two   ... Boring !

Then, by some stroke of luck, little Iogan Azur Santos, somehow wandered and positioned {Entered the Frame !} {for a few fleeting seconds !}   himself on front of the group, and faced my general direction !

The group instantly, excitedly reacted and egged the young child to stay in the middle for an Impromptu  "Split-Second Photo Opp" somewhat - So HAPPY to POSE with the young child - so they ALL started Smilin' and Wavin'  and Lookin' at my camera.....

....  All I had to Do was compose my image - make sure my Horizontal 
WAS Horizontal !! - and pressed my shutter 3-4X ..

What can I Say  -  

Got One o' my Best On-the-Spots {as of late} {Fact IS - It IS the Only One I Have !}- of ALL the Photogs {covering the PBA !!}  TOGETHER --
in One Simply Cheerful {& Solid!} Group Shot !


Yup, just as what Steve Mc Curry's was saying  ..

and IF, I may so say - In case you haven't noticed ....
That's what I've Been doing ALL These Years - Anyway !! - 

as if I wasn't aware -
It's just that Mc Curry just reaffirmed it in his own words !!

And  .. Before I close this post -
Let Me just State Another Thing that I've Been Doing 
[or at least Trying To Do All These Years ]-  
{which is NOT All that Easy - on occasion, Mind You}



It's Relatively Easy To Photograph What I See.

I'd Rather Capture What I Feel {or what my subjects Feel}.



brosi gonzales



No comments:

Post a Comment