Monday, January 19, 2015

Siblings - { Reloaded }


 Zobel / Godinez / Le Viste / Barredo
Heunefeld / Gonzales  .......


The Zobel Children
{Poolside - Ayala Alabang res}

 Bianca

 Paula


[Top->Bottom]
Paul / Bianca / Jake / Natalia
{Den - Dasmarinas Village res}


In this post, are JPEGs of [some surviving] scanned [8 x 10] analogue prints from several Portrait Shoots [house calls] I accommodated in the mid-nineties.  {One can notice the  edges of the photo paper and some permanent smudges, stains, and scratches on some of the images}

As stated in a recent fb notification of mine - I had just, luckily found, after so many years - several long time misplaced CDs containing JPEG files of my Film {35mmm Black & White Negative /35mm Color Negative} Portraiture.

The images here represent that period of my life where I was Living and Breathing Film Portraiture  - Constantly Learning BY Doing - the Old School Way - using film and manual focus lenses, and NOT having the benefit of previewing my images - only being able to check my images - at the shortest - a few impatient hours after a shoot  {ONLY IF the shoot is in Black and White and I have time to process the film itself - which was very, very [VERY} rare, or in MOST cases, at least a day after a shoot.

I will not trade anything for that Film Experience of mine - which taught me
"stuff" which the conveniences of today's tech can NEVER teach.


 The Godinez Kids
[ L-R]
Alex / Sam / Inigo

The Le Viste Girls
[Top-Bottom]
Toni / Joey / Charley


The Untraditional Portrait

The Zobels 
With Bare Feet & a Little Angst {no less !}
{Garden - Ayala Alabang res}


I have nothing against  - wholesome, generic, "the usual", hunky dory,  formally posed family photos - I don't mind crafting such -
 IF the scenario calls for it.

But Simply Put, that really isn't my style.   Now, if my subjects and I are comfortable with the "untraditional"- I'll go for it.



The Barredos




 The Godinezes




 The Heunefelds


Belgian siblings



My Lifetime Favorite Pair of Siblings
My nephew Nace and neice Vanessa



---------

BTW - Here's my latest addition [now digital] to my "Siblings Series" - A repost tho - This one was  taken just recently - in the Mall of Asia Arena  .....


The Bachmann Kids
[L-R]
Kyle / Pia / Sabine / Ciara



brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment